POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bottle [YAHDRI] : Re: bottle [YAHDRI] Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bottle [YAHDRI]
From: William Pokorny
Date: 30 Jul 2004 10:15:00
Message: <web.410a56e9308ef1f01837413b0@news.povray.org>
Looks good. Check your adc_bailout setting. I vaguely remember some comment
about adc_bailout not working properly with release 3.5 so you might want
to try POV-Ray 3.6.

I think what is happening with an object like this is that you can end up
with rays which bounce around inside the object especially in the planes
intersecting the light source(s) and camera locations. For most images I
think you can get away with much lower settings for the max_trace_level
even when glass is involved. I usually set max_trace_level a count or two
above the number of surfaces through which rays must pass in a scene. For
your bottle I would try a setting of 6 and only increase it if the image
color looks wrong or if black patches appear.